Author : C.Ganesh 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2016
Abstract: In this paper, a hybrid filter is presented to reduce the CM voltage (CMV) and the differ-ential-mode (DM) harmonics in a three-phase inverter with carrier peak position modulation (CPPM). Because the use of CPPM strategy in the inverter can ensure that the output CMV will be only two levels in any condition, the simple active CM filter (composed of a half-bridge circuit) in the hybrid filter can effectively suppress the output CMV and CM current. The passive filter in the hybrid filter consists of an added single tuned filter and the original DM low-pass filter. The single tuned filter is designed to lower the DM harmonics, which are aggravated by the CPPM strategy in the carrier frequency band. Through the experiments, the validity of CMV and DM harmonics suppression by the hybrid filter in the three-phase inverter is verified and the calculation-control active CM filter is proved to be the best in the optional schemes.
- Y. Murai, T. Kubota, and Y. Kawase, “Leakage current reduction for a high-frequency carrier inverter feeding an induction motor,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 858–863, Jul./Aug. 1992.
- G. L. Skibinski, R. J. Kerkman, and D. Schlegel, “EMI emissions of modern PWM AC drives,” IEEE Ind. Appl. Mag., vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 47–80, Nov./Dec. 1999.
- S. Chen, T. A. Lipo, and D. Fitzgerald, “Source of induction motor bear-ing currents caused by PWM inverters,” IEEE Trans. Energy Concers., vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 25–32, Mar. 1996.
- A. Muetze and A. Binder, “Calculation of circulating bearing currents in machines of inverter-based drive systems,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 932–938, Apr. 2007.
- F. J. T. E. Ferreira, M. V. Cistelecan, and A. T. de Almeida, “Evaluation of slot-embedded partial electrostatic shield for high-frequency bearing current mitigation in inverter-fed induction motors,” IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 382–390, Jun. 2012.
- D. F. Busse, J. M. Erdman, R. J. Kerkman, D. W. Schlegel, and G. L. Skibinski, “The effects of PWM voltage source inverters on the mechanical performance of rolling bearings,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 567–576, Mar./Apr. 1997.
- R. S. Araujo, R. A. Rodrigues, H. de Paula, and L. M. R. Baccarini, “Premature wear and recurring bearing failures in three-phase induction motors: A case study,” IEEE Latin Amer. Trans., vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 528– 533, Jul. 2011.
- J. Espina et al., “Reduction of output common mode voltage using a novel SVM implementation in matrix converters for improved motor lifetime,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 61, no. 11, pp. 5903–5911, Nov. 2014.
- T. D. Nguyen and H. H. Lee, “Modulation strategies to reduce common-mode voltage for indirect matrix converters,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 129–140, Jan. 2012.
- N. Zhu, D. Xu, B. Wu, N. R. Zargari, M. Kazerani, and F. Liu, “Common-mode voltage reduction methods for currentsource converters in medium-voltage drives,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 995– 1006, Feb. 2013.
- A. M. Hava and N. O. Cetin, “A generalized scalar PWM approach with easy implementation features for three-phase, three-wire voltage-source inverters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 1385–1395, May 2011.
- A. R. Beig, S. Kanukollu, K. Al Hosani, and A. Dekka, “Space-vector-based synchronized three-level discontinuous PWM for medium-voltage high-power VSI,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 3891– 3901, Aug. 2014.