Author : S.Sarada 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2016
Abstract: This scheme presents an integrated solution for Photo Voltaic cell(PV) fed water-pump drive machine which uses an Open-End Winding Induction Motor (OEWIM). The dual inverter fed OEWIM drive achieves the functionality of a three level inverter and needs low value DC bus voltage. This helps in optimal arrangement of Photo voltaic cells, this can avoid large strings and helps in improving the PV performance with wide band-width of operating voltage. It also reduces the voltage rating of the DC-link capacitors and switching devices used in the system. The proposed control scheme achieves an integration of both Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) and V/f control for the efficient utilization of the PV panels and the motor. The proposed control scheme requires the sensing of PV voltage and current only. Thus, the system requires less number of sensors.
- D. Maheswaran, K. K. Jembu Kailas, V. Rangaraj, W. AdithyaKumar,“Energy Efficiency in Electrical Systems”, Proc. of IEEE Inter. Conf. on Power Elect., Drives and Energy sys., pp 1-6, Dec. 2012.
- Y. Yao, P. Bustamante, R. S. Ramshaw, “Improvement of inductionmotor drive systems supplied by photovoltaic arrays with frequency control”, IEEE Trans. Energy Conv., vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 256- 262, Jun.1994
- Jogo Victor Mapurunga Caracas, Guilherme de CarvalhoFarias, LuisFelipe Moreira Teixeira, Luiz Antonio de Souza Ribeiro,“Implementation of a high-efficiency, high-lifetime and low-costconverter for an autonomous photovoltaic water pumping system”, IEEETrans. Ind. App., vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 631-641, Jan./Feb. 2014.
- J. Appelbaum, “Starting and steady-state characteristics of dc-motorspowered by solar cell generators”, IEEE Trans. Energy Conv., vol. EC-1, no. 1, pp. 17-25, Mar. 1986.
- S. M. Alghuwainem, “Steady-state performance of DC motors suppliedfrom photovoltaic generators with step-up converter”, IEEE Trans.Energy Conv., vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 267-272, Jun. 1992
- S. R. Bhat, Andre Pittet, B. S. Sonde, “Performance optimization ofinduction motor-pump system using photovoltaic energy source”, IEEE Trans. Ind. App., vol. IA-23, no. 6, pp. 995-1000, Nov./Dec. 1987.