Author : Rajesh Maharudra Patil 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2016
Abstract: In this research paper, the design & development of a high power PWM convertor (12-pulse & 24-pulse convertors connected to the grid) is considered using the SVM method, which is used to reduce the harmonic contents in the supply waveforms. Simulations are performed in the Matlab-Simulink environment & the simulation results are obtained. The results shows the efficacy of the method developed for harmonic suppression.
- Zainal Salam, Tan Perng Cheng and Awang Jusoh, “Harmonics mitigation using active power filter : A technical review”, Elektrika, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 17- 26, 2006.
- Fanghua Zhang & Yangguang, “Selective harmonic elimination PWM control scheme on a 3- 4 – leg voltage source inverter”, IEEE Transaction on Power electronics, Vol. 24, No. 7, pp. 1682-1689, Jul. 2009.
- Mahesh A. Patel, Ankit R. Patel, Dhaval R. Vyas & Ketul M. Patel, “Use of PWM techniques for power quality improvement”, International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 99 – 102, May 2009.
- Ming-Yin Chan, Ken KF Lee & Michael WK Fung, “A case study survey of harmonic currents generated from a computer center in an office building”, Architecture Science Review, Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 274-280, 2007.
- G.N.C. Fergusson, “Power quality improvement in a harmonic environment”, International Electrical Testing Association (NETA) Annual Technical Conference – A reprint version, Mar. 1997.
- Thomas S. Key & Jih-Sheng Lai, “Costs and benefits of harmonic current reduction for switch mode power supply in commercial office building”, IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 32, No. 5, Sep.-Oct. 1996.
- V. Suresh Kumar, Ahmed F. Zobaa, R. Dinesh Kannan & K. Kalaiselvi, “Power Quality and Stability Improvement in Wind Power System using STATCOM”, International Conference and Exhibition on Green Energy and Sustainability for Aride regions & Mediterranean Countries, 2009.
- Alexander Kusko & Mart C. Thomson, “Power quality in electrical systems”, Tata Mc. Graw Hill., New Delhi, 2010.
- Gregory N.C. Ferguson “The cost and benefits of harmonic current reduction in low voltage distribution systems”, Int. Jr. of Power Quality, Vol. 3, No. 5, pp. 45-51, May 2013.
- Jonathan K. Piel & Daniel J. Carnovale, “Economic and electrical benefits of harmonic reduction methods in commercial facilities”, Proc. Cutler Hammer, USA, Jul. 2004.
- M. Aredes, J. Hafner, and K. Heumann, “3-phase four-wire shunt active filter control strategies,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 311–318, Mar. 1997.
- C. J. Zhan, A. Arulampalam, and N. Jenkins, “4- wire dynamic voltage restorer based on a 3- dimensional voltage space vector PWM algorithm,” IEEE. Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 1093–1102, Jul. 2003.
- N.Y. Dai, M.-C.Wong, andY.-D. Han, “A FPGAbased generalized pulse width modulator for 3-leg center-split and 4-leg voltage source inverter,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 1472– 1484, May 2008.