Author : Alana M Siddeshwar 1
Date of Publication :7th September 2016
Abstract: The two phase interleaved buck converter (IBC) for low input voltage (battery or photovoltaic) applications. The interleaved multi-channel converter is very popular these days because of its ability to reduce current ripples. In high power applications, parallel operation of buck converter is recommended. The steady state performance of the interleaved buck converter is investigated by MATLAB/simulation. The IBC is designed for low input voltage application. The modeling and analysis is carried out considering the parasitic elements of all the elements and devices. The IBC is modeled and analyzed using state-space averaging technique and analysis is carried using small signal analysis. The analog PID controller is designed based on the design parameters of the converter and simulated in open loop and closed loop.
- Middelbrook, R. D., Cuk, S. “A general unified approach to modeling switching-converter power stages”. IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, PESC 1976.
- H.M.Mallikarjuna Swamy, K.P.Guruswamy S.P.Singh” Design, Modelling and Analysis of Two Level Interleaved Boost Conve rter” IEEE Internation Conference on Machine Intelligene and Research Advancement, pp 509-514,2013
- Jantharamin,L.Zhang, “Analysis of Multiple Interleaved Converter by using state space Averaging Technique” ECTI-CON 2009 6th international conference publications,pp.288-291,May 2007.
- Ashna Joseph, Jebin Francis, “Design and simulation on two phase IBC” IJAREEIE, on NCREEE,pp.8-15,March 2015
- D.Lakshmi, S.Zabiullah, Dr.Venugopal.N, “impored step down conversion in IBC and Low switching losses” IJES,Vol4.Issue 3 ,pp-15-24, March 2014
- Daniel W Hart, “POWER ELECTRONICS”, The McGraw-Hill publishing company, New York, 1989.
- Thesis by Slobodan M Cuk, “Modeling Design and Analysis of Switching Converters”, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, November 1977.
- Muhammad H Rashid “Power Electronics: Circuit, Device and Application” 3rd Edition, Pearson India, 2014
- L Umanand, S R Bhat “Design of Magnetic Components” New Age Publication, December 1992.
- Simon Ang, Aelejandro Olivia, “Power Switching Converter”, 3rd Edition, CRC Press, January 2011. Ned Mohan, Tore M Underland, William P Robbins, “Power Electronics: Converter, Application and Design” Wiley,3rd Edition, November 2002