Author : G.Nageswara Rao 1
Date of Publication :7th October 2016
Abstract: In todays commercial world, multilevel inverters is playing a significant role from power failure. Harmonics is a major problem in power systems that have become serious recently owing to the wide use of power electronics related equipment. In this process, there is a possibility of generation of harmonic peaks because majority of the power utilities are non-linear loads. A high performance multilevel inverter should have a clean output voltage with low total harmonic distortion (THD) for both linear and non linear loads. Harmonic distortion is the most important power quality problem occurring in multilevel inverter, the harmonics can be eliminated by an optimal selection of switching angles. A hybrid evaluation technique evaluates the obtained optimal switching angles that are attained from the fuzzy inference system as well as neural network. The proposed technique is tested with a seven level cascaded H-bridge inverter. The proposed method will be implemented in MATLAB working platform and the harmonic elimination performance will be evaluated.
- Bensraj, R., Natarajan, S. P.and Padmathilagam, V. “Multicarrier Trapezoidal PWM Strategies Based On Control Freedom Degree for MSMI”, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 5, No. 5, pp. 400-411, May 2010.
- AsgharAbedini, SalaheddinZabalawi and Adel Nasiri, “A three-phase uninterruptible power supply with an adaptive reference waveform generator”, Int. J. Power Electronics, Vol.1, No.1,pp.63-86, 2008.
- Avik Bhattacharya and ChandanChakraborty, “A Shunt Active Power Filter With Enhanced Performance Using ANN-Based Predictive and Adaptive Controllers”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 58, No. 2,pp.421-428, February 2011.
- Antony Albert, A.V., Rajasekaran, V. and Selvaperumal, S. “Harmonic Elimination of H-Bridge Seven Level Inverter”, European Journal of Scientific Research ,Vol.65,No.4, pp. 594-600,2011.
- S. Jeevananthan,“Evolutionary Computing Based Area Integration PWM Technique for Multilevel Inverters”, Journal of E;lectrical Systems, vol.3, no.2, pp. 61-72, 2007..
- G. Murugesan, M. Jagabar Sathik, M. Praveen, “A New Multilevel Inverter Topology Using Less Number of Switches”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, vol, 3, no. 2, pp. 1500-1510, Feb 2011..