Author : Rajesh Maharudra Patil 1
Date of Publication :7th November 2016
Abstract: In this paper, the reduction of harmonic component in voltage sourced circuits using IGBTs and diodes using PWM technique and improve the power quality is presented. Simulations are performed in the Matlab-Simulink environment & the simulation results are obtained. The results shows the efficacy of the method developed for harmonic suppression in the power electronics based systems.
- Zainal Salam, Tan Perng Cheng and Awang Jusoh, “Harmonics mitigation using active power filter : A technical review”, Elektrika, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 17- 26, 2006.
- Fanghua Zhang & Yangguang, “Selective harmonic elimination PWM control scheme on a 3-ο¦ 4 – leg voltage source inverter”, IEEE Transaction on Power electronics, Vol. 24, No. 7, pp. 1682-1689, Jul. 2009.
- Mahesh A. Patel, Ankit R. Patel, Dhaval R. Vyas & Ketul M. Patel, “Use of PWM techniques for power quality improvement”, International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 99 – 102, May 2009.
- Ming-Yin Chan, Ken KF Lee & Michael WK Fung, “A case study survey of harmonic currents generated from a computer center in an office building”, Architecture Science Review, Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 274-280, 2007.
- G.N.C. Fergusson, “Power quality improvement in a harmonic environment”, International Electrical Testing Association (NETA) Annual Technical Conference – A reprint version, Mar. 1997.
- Thomas S. Key & Jih-Sheng Lai, “Costs and benefits of harmonic current reduction for switch mode power supply in commercial office building”, IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 32, No. 5, Sep.-Oct. 1996.
- V. Suresh Kumar, Ahmed F. Zobaa, R. Dinesh Kannan & K. Kalaiselvi, “Power Quality and Stability Improvement in Wind Power System using STATCOM”, International Conference and Exhibition on Green Energy and Sustainability for Aride regions & Mediterranean Countries, 2009.
- Alexander Kusko & Mart C. Thomson, “Power quality in electrical systems”, Tata Mc. Graw Hill., New Delhi, 2010.
- Gregory N.C. Ferguson “The cost and benefits of harmonic current reduction in low voltage distribution systems”, Int. Jr. of Power Quality, Vol. 3, No. 5, pp. 45-51, May 2013.
- Jonathan K. Piel & Daniel J. Carnovale, “Economic and electrical benefits of harmonic reduction methods in commercial facilities”, Proc. Cutler Hammer, USA, Jul. 2004.